Vanilla Crescents – super simple, super tasty
This recipe has been optimized for the Thermomix® TM31
Vanilla crescents belong to every Christmas bakery. That’s why I didn’t miss the chance to create a super fast and easy recipe for you.
In the pre-Christmas period everything is already very stressful and hectic. So you’re glad if at least the baking of cookies doesn’t take long. This recipe will help you bake your favourite biscuits quickly so you can give them away – or enjoy them yourself.
How do I prepare vanilla crescents with the Thermomix?
For the dough all ingredients are put into the Thermomix and kneaded for 3 minutes on dough mode.
Then take the dough out of the mixing bowl, place it on an easy-to-wash surface and shape it into a ball. Cover this ball with cling film and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Quick and tasty: the vanilla crescent.
During this time, rinse the mixing bowl briefly and then add 100g icing sugar and 2 packets of vanilla sugar to the bowl and let the Thermomix mix for 3 seconds on speed 6/reverse blade function.
You can then pour the mixture into a bowl which is suitable for flipping the vanilla crescents afterwards. As an alternative, you can also use a castor.
When the dough is cooled, take it out of the fridge and the foil and roll it into an elongated roll. The roll should have a diameter of about 6cm.
Cut 1 cm thick slices from this roll and then divide each slice again. Form the vanilla croissants from the small dough slices and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Bake the vanilla crescents for about 10-15 minutes at 175°C. When baking, you should always have only one baking tray in the oven, otherwise you won’t be able to keep up with the turning of the crescents afterwards.
After baking, let the crescents cool for about 3 minutes before flipping them in the icing sugar mixture. If the vanilla crescents are too cold, the sugar won’t stick.
After you have turned them over, your vanilla crescents are ready and you can eat or serve them.
Have fun baking!
The Facts in a Nutshell
Vanilla Crescents | Recipe for the Thermomix®
- 250 g flour
- 210 g butter
- 100 g ground almonds
- 80 g sugar
- 2 pkt. vanilla sugar
- 100 g icing sugar
- 2 pkt. vanilla sugar
- Add 250g flour, 210g butter, 100g ground almonds, 80g sugar, 2 packets vanilla sugar to the Thermomix | dough mode / 3 min.
- Remove dough from mixing bowl, form it into a ball, cover with cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Rinse out mixing bowl, then add 100g icing sugar and 2 packets vanilla sugar to the Thermomix | reverse / 3 sec. / speed 6
- Put the icing sugar mixture aside, take the dough out of the fridge and form it into a 6 cm diameter elongated roll
- Cut 1cm thick slices from the roll, halve again and then shape into crescents
- Place the vanilla crescents on a baking tray lined with baking paper, then place in the oven (only one baking tray at a time) | approx. 10-15 min. / 175°C
- Let the crescents cool for about 3 minutes and then flip in icing sugar mixture
Note: The baking time given in the recipe may vary slightly from the baking time you need due to temperature inaccuracies in different oven models. Always keep an eye on the dish in the oven – at least for the first attempt.