Tomato Bolognese – the Classic in a new Guise
This recipe has been optimized for the Thermomix® TM31
Spaghetti Bolognese is a true classic – probably everyone has eaten it before. I wasn’t a big pasta fan for a long time, but then I discovered the tomato Bolognese from a well-known German food manufacturer and fell in love with its fabulous tomato taste.
However, I’m no longer a big fan of instant products. With all the additives and flavour enhancers you don’t really do yourself any good. That’s why I’m glad I finally found an alternative that tastes just as good – but without much chemistry!
I hope that my tomato Bolognese will inspire you as much as me!
How do I prepare tomato Bolognese with the Thermomix?
First flavour 250g minced meat with a little salt and pepper and fry it in oil afterwards.
The classic Bolognese – prepared in a new way with extra tomato flavour.
Meanwhile you start with the sauce: Add a half onion and 2 cloves of garlic to the Thermomix and chop both for 5 seconds on speed 6.
Use the spatula to lower the chopped onions and garlic cloves, add 10g of olive oil and steam at VAROMA for 2:30 minutes on speed 1.
Then add 400g chopped tomatoes, 200g tomato paste, 2 tbsp. mixed herbs and the spices (1 pinch salt, 1 pinch pepper and 1 pinch paprika powder) and boil at 100°C for 8 minutes on speed 2.
Once the sauce and the meat are ready, add the sauce to the meat and let it boil for another 1 to 2 minutes in a pan on low heat. That’s it! The sauce is ready!
The Facts in a Nutshell
Tomato Bolognese | Recipe for the Thermomix®
- 250 g minced meat
- ½ onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10 g olive oil
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 200 g tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. mixed herbs 8 herbs mixture
- 1 pinch salt, pepper and paprika powder
- Flavour 250g minced meat with salt and pepper and fry in oil
- Meanwhile add a ½ onion and 2 cloves of garlic to the Thermomix | 5 sec. / speed 6
- Push the chopped onions and garlic cloves down with the spatula, add 10g olive oil | VAROMA / 2:30 min. / speed 1
- Add 400g chopped tomatoes, 200g tomato paste, 2 tbsp. mixed herbs and the spices (1 pinch salt, pepper and paprika powder each) | 100°C / 8 min. / speed 2
- When the meat and sauce are ready, add the sauce to the meat and boil for another 1–2 minutes
Note: The baking time given in the recipe may vary slightly from the baking time you need due to temperature inaccuracies in different oven models. Always keep an eye on the dish in the oven – at least for the first attempt.