Spiced Biscuits Cake – the perfect Advent Pastry
This recipe has been optimized for the Thermomix® TM31
- 100g spiced biscuits
- 100g white couverture
- 250g soft butter
- 150g sugar
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 300g flour
- ½ pkt. baking powder
- 4 tbsp. milk
- 1 pkt. finished glaze
- 50g cream
- 100g milk chocolate
For 4 Persons
- Print Recipe
- Only print Summary
It gets very cosy during the Christmas season. As the candles of the Advent wreath begin to burn, there is a familiar scent in the air everywhere.
At Christmas time, of course, spiced biscuits or gingerbread should not be missing.
But spiced biscuits in biscuit form are too common for me. That’s why I’ve come up with a spiced buscuits cake that you can enjoy watching Christmas movies on the sofa on Sundays – or drinking coffee with friends and family. It’s also a fantastic alternative as a Christmas dessert.
But no matter for what occasion you prepare the cake, the main thing is to enjoy it and sweeten the most contemplative time of the year.
Have fun baking and eating.
How do I prepare the spiced biscuits cake in the Thermomix?
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
First you crush 100g spiced biscuits on speed 5 for 5 seconds and decant them. Then pour 100g white couverture into the mixing bowl and crush it 15 seconds on speed 5.
Delicious spiced biscuits cake prepared with the Thermomix
You can then transfer the chocolate flakes to the crushed spiced biscuits. Now we start with the dough.
Add 250g butter, 150g sugar and a sachet of vanilla sugar to the Thermomix and mix for 1 minute on speed 5.
Then add 300g flour, ½ packet of baking powder and 4 tbsp. milk and mix again for 30 seconds on speed 5.
Now add the crushed chocolate and the spiced biscuits and fold it in a little with the spatula. But not everything, because a little bit is needed for the decoration of the cake. Then set the Thermomix to speed 5 for another 30 seconds and let it fold in completely.
Now you can pour the dough into a greased baking tin and let it bake for approx. 60 minutes at 180°C. After approx. 10 minutes baking time you have to cut the cake lengthwise.
Before you take it out of the baking tin, let it cool down completely.
Then start with the icing. If you have decided on a finished icing, you only need to melt it and then spread it over the cake. Crumble the spiced biscuits and sprinkle them on top of the cake together with the crumbles.
If you would like to make your own icing, crush 100g milk chocolate on speed 6 for 10 seconds and push the chocolate chips down. Then add 50g cream and melt it for 5 minutes at 50°C on speed 2. Now spread the icing together with the crumbles and spiced biscuits over the cake as described above.
When everything is dry and the icing is firm, the cake is ready to serve.
Tip: Mark a line by clicking on it.
- Preheat oven | 180°C
- Add 100g spiced biscuits to the Thermomix | 5 sec. / speed 5
- Decant spiced biscuits, put 100g white couverture into mixing bowl | 15 sec. / speed 5
- Then decant the chocolate flakes to the spiced biscuits
- Put 250g butter, 150g sugar and 1 sachet of vanilla sugar into the Thermomix | 1 min. / speed 5
- Add 300g flour, ½ pkt. baking powder and 4 tbsp. milk | 30 sec. / speed 5
- Add chocolate flakes and spiced biscuits and stir in a little with the spatula; but not everything, because a little bit is needed for decoration | 30 sec. / speed 5
- Pour dough into greased baking tin and place in your oven | approx. 60 min. / 180°C
- Cut the cake lengthwise after approx. 10 min.
- After baking, let the spiced biscuits cake cool down
- Spread glaze, spiced biscuits and chocolate flakes over the cake
Make your own glaze:
- Add 100g milk chocolate to the mixing bowl | 10 sec. / speed 6
- Push the chocolate chips downwards, add 50g cream | 50°C / 5 min. / speed 2
- Print Recipe
- Only print Summary