Quick Bee Sting Cake – as good as Grandma’s
This recipe has been optimized for the Thermomix® TM31
How do I prepare the bee sting cake with the Thermomix?
Before you start, preheat the oven to 200°C. Then you can start preparing the quick bee sting cake!
First put 4 eggs and 200g sugar in the mixing bowl. Then insert the butterfly and let the ingredients whisk up for 1 minute at speed 3.
Then add 100g flour and 1 packet of baking powder and mix for another 30 seconds at speed 3.
Now pour the dough into a pre-greased springform pan or springform pan lined with baking paper. Sprinkle the dough with almond flakes and bake the bee sting cake at 200°C for approx. 20 minutes.
Tip: If the cake gets very dark after 10 minutes or earlier, simply place a piece of aluminium foil on top and continue baking.
While the cake is baking, you can already start with the filling.
Add the 2 sachets of custard powder and 200g cream to the Thermomix and mix for 4 minutes speed 5. Then add the remaining 200g of cream and stir again for 1 minute speed 3.
If the cream is still too firm, stir in some more milk for a few seconds until the cream has the desired consistency.
Of course you can also make the cream with fresh vanilla pudding!
After the bee sting cake has cooled down, you have to cut it in the middle. Then spread the cream on the cake base and put the cake lid back on.
Tip: Before you put the cake lid on top, you can cut the cake base and the cake lid separately into 8 pieces. This makes it easier to cut it so that it doesn’t get crushed.
Enjoy the cake!
The Facts in a Nutshell
Bee Sting Cake | Recipe for the Thermomix®
- 4 eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 100 g flour
- 1 pkt. baking powder
- 1 sachet sliced almonds
- 2 sachets custard powder
- 400 g cream
- 200 g milk
- Preheat oven | 200°C
- Add 4 eggs and 200g sugar to the Thermomix | butterfly / 1 min. / speed 3
- Add 100g flour and 1 sachet baking powder | 30 sec. / speed 3
- Pour the dough into a pre-greased springform pan or a springform pan lined with baking paper and sprinkle with almond flakes
- Place the springform pan in the oven | 20 min. / 200°C
- Rinse out mixing bowl; add 2 sachets of custard powder and 200g cream to the mixing bowl | 4 min. / speed 5
- Add 200g cream | 1 min. / speed 3
- Cream too tight? Stir in some milk
- Let the bee sting cake cool down, halve horizontally and spread the cream on top
Note: The baking time given in the recipe may vary slightly from the baking time you need due to temperature inaccuracies in different oven models. Always keep an eye on the dish in the oven – at least for the first attempt.