Chocolate Almond Ring Cake – a light fluffy Pleasure
This recipe has been optimized for the Thermomix® TM31
While I write this recipe, I let the cake melt on my tongue again – that’s how soft the cake is. Additionally the almonds on the glaze give it just the right extra touch.
With my cakes, muffins and cookies I always try to make my friends and family happy – they are of course also my test eaters.
This time the chocolate almond ring cake was very well received again. Especially the optics makes it a real feast for the eyes. It just looks great on the coffee table.
How do I prepare the chocolate almond ring cake with the Thermomix?
You start with 150g milk chocolate couverture and crush it in the Thermomix for 5 seconds on speed 6. Then you decant the chocolate. If there are still some larger pieces in between, I throw them into the Thermomix again and crush them for another 3-5 seconds on speed 6.
Then you have to rinse the mixing bowl thoroughly and insert the butterfly. Now separate 4 eggs and put the egg whites into the mixing bowl. Put the egg yolks aside, because you will need them later.
Then beat the egg whites at 50°C for 5 minutes on speed 3 to whipped egg whites. Meanwhile you can let the oven preheat to 175°C.
The chocolate almond ring cake is a great addition to any coffee table
After 5 minutes, decant the whipped egg whites and remove the butterfly.
Now add 125g soft butter and 280g sugar to the Thermomix and mix for 30 seconds on speed 4. After adding the 4 egg yolks, stir again for 20 seconds on speed 5. Then add 300g flour, 1 sachet baking powder and 150g ground almonds and mix on speed 4 for 1:30 minute.
The dough, which is still very firm, is loosened with 250g milk. Mix for 2 minutes on speed 3. The dough should now be more liquid.
Then we add the previously chopped chocolate and add it again for 30 seconds on speed 4/reverse blade function.
Finally, the whipped egg whites must be added. I always do this by hand with the spatula to make the dough fluffy.
Now you can put the dough into a greased bundt pan. The cake should then be baked for 60 minutes at 175°C.
Before you take the cake out, you should test it with a skewer. If the dough still sticks to the skewer, I leave the cake for another 10 minutes in the oven and test afterwards again.
After the cake has cooled down, you can overturn it. Then start with the icing.
This is how you make the icing for the chocolate almond ring cake
If you have decided on the finished chocolate icing, you can melt it in a water bath according to the product instructions. During this time you can coarsely crush a handful of almonds in the Thermomix for 3-5 seconds on speed 5.
When you have decided on the other option, you start by shredding the almonds and then decanting them. Then add 50g dark chocolate couverture to the Thermomix and crush it for 10 seconds on speed 6. Finally add 50g cream and melt it for 2 minutes at 50°C on speed 2.
Spread the chocolate icing on the cake and finally sprinkle the coarsely chopped almonds over it.
After the icing has dried, the chocolate almond ring cake is ready to serve.
The Facts in a Nutshell
Chocolate Almond Ring Cake | Recipe for the Thermomix®
- 150 g milk chocolate couverture
- 4 eggs
- 125 g soft butter
- 280 g sugar
- 300 g flour
- 1 pkt. baking powder
- 250 g milk
- 150 g ground almonds
For the icing:
- 1 pkt. chocolate icing
- 50 g dark chocolate couverture
- 50 g cream
- 1 handful whole almonds
Hinweis: Die im Rezept angegebene Backzeit kann aufgrund von Temperaturungenauigkeiten bei den verschiedensten Backofenmodellen von der Backzeit, die du benötigst, etwas abweichen. Behalte das Gericht im Backofen – zumindest beim ersten Versuch – deshalb immer im Auge.
Alle Zeitangaben beziehen sich auf die Standardmengen an Zutaten. Wenn du kleinere oder größere Portionen zubereiten willst, kann es vorkommen, dass du die Zubereitungszeit dementsprechend anpassen musst.
- Add 150g milk chocolate couverture to the Thermomix | 5 sec. / speed 6
- Is the milk chocolate couverture too coarsely chopped? | 3-5 sec. / speed 6
- Decant couverture, rinse mixing bowl and insert butterfly
- Separate 4 eggs, put the egg whites in the mixing bowl and the egg yolks aside
- Beat egg whites to whipped egg whites | 50°C / 5 min. / speed 3
- Meanwhile preheat oven | 175°C
- Decant the whipped egg whites and remove the butterfly
- Add 125g soft butter and 280g sugar to the Thermomix | 30 sec. / speed 4
- Add 4 egg yolks | 20 sec. / speed 5
- Add 300g flour, 1 sachet baking powder and 150g ground almonds | 1:30 min. / speed 4
- Now add 250g milk | 2 min. / speed 3
- Add the chopped couverture | reverse / 30 sec. / speed 4
- Fold in the whipped egg whites by hand with the spatula
- Pour the dough into a greased bundt pan
- Place the chocolate almond ring cake in the oven | ca. 60 min. / 175°C
- After 60 minutes, test the cake with a skewer; bake a little bit longer if necessary
- Let the cake cool down, then overturn it
Variant 1: Finished chocolate icing
- Melt the finished chocolate icing in water according to the instructions
- Chop a handful of almonds coarsely in the Thermomix | 3–5 sec. / speed 5
Variant 2: Homemade chocolate icing
- Chop a handful of almonds coarsely in the Thermomix | 3-5 sec. / speed 5
- Decant almonds
- Add 50g dark chocolate couverture to the Thermomix | 10 sec. / speed 6
- Add 50g cream | 50°C / 2 min. / speed 2
- Spread the glaze over the cake
- Sprinkle cake with coarsely chopped almonds