Autumn Apple Walnut Muffins
This recipe has been optimized for the Thermomix® TM31
To match the autumn weather, I’ll show you my favourite apple walnut muffins today. They can be prepared quickly and enchant every rainy autumn day.
How do I prepare apple walnut muffins with the Thermomix?
Add 100g walnuts to the Thermomix and chop for 10 seconds at speed 6. Then decant.
Quarter 500g apples and remove the core. Add the apple slices to the Thermomix and chop for 15 seconds at speed 4. Then also decant the apples.
Add 300g flour, 130g sugar, 200g butter, 1 packet baking powder and 4 eggs to the mixing bowl and mix for 1 minute speed 5 to a dough.
Now put the chopped walnuts in the mixing bowl to the dough. Then stir for 10 seconds at speed 4. If some of the walnuts settle on the side of the mixing bowl, you have to loosen them briefly with the spatula and stir the dough again for about 5 seconds at speed 4, until they are also lifted in.
Then put a part of the apples into the mixing bowl and let them fold in at speed 4. Then, while the Thermomix is still stirring, slowly add the remaining apples through the opening until they are completely submerged (approx. 30 seconds).
Before I put the dough into the moulds, I stirred it again with the spatula.
The dough is enough for about 15-20 muffins, depending on how full you make the moulds. Put the muffins in your oven and let them bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes.
It’s best to enjoy the muffins warm with a cup of tea on the sofa. They are also great with coffee.
Have fun baking and eating!
The Facts in a Nutshell
Autumn Apple Walnut Muffins | Recipe for the Thermomix®
- 450 g apples
- 100 g walnuts
- 300 g flour
- 130 g sugar
- 200 g butter
- 1 pkt. baking powder
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven | 180°C
- Put 100g walnuts in the Thermomix | 10 sec. / speed 6
- Decant crushed walnuts
- Quarter 500g apples and remove seeds; then add to Thermomix | 15 sec. / speed 4
- Also decant the apples
- Add 300g flour, 130g sugar, 200g butter, 1 packet baking powder and 4 eggs to the mixing bowl | 1 min. / speed 5
- Add crushed walnuts | 10 sec. / speed 4
- Did the walnuts settle on the mixing bowl side? | approx. 5 sec. / speed 4
- First add some of the apples to the Thermomix, during mixing gradually add the rest through the opening | approx. 30 sec. / speed 4
- Place dough in oven | approx. 20–25 min. / 180°C
Note: The baking time given in the recipe may vary slightly from the baking time you need due to temperature inaccuracies in different oven models. Always keep an eye on the dish in the oven – at least for the first attempt.